Published on July 5th, 2017 | by Varuna Singh0
Samsung Galaxy S8 vs LG G6
The big question for this year’s flagship. There hasn’t been a better time to upgrade to a flagship as today. I’ve been using the LG G6 and the Samsung Galaxy S8 and here are places where they win over each other.
Where the S8 is better than the G6
- From a pure design and aesthetic, there is nothing that looks as impressive as the S8. Curved in every way, the S8 wins with its curved screen to a screen that curves over the sides – Making the phone bezel-less. Its impressive and thin at the same time. Even with some questionable ergonomics, the S8 is definitely a looker. The phone is also quite balanced and you’d often mistake the back of the phone with the front.
- Battery life on the S8 is better than the LG G6 even though the Samsung has the same battery capacity at 3000 mAh. It even has a slimmer body and an equally large screen.
- Overall performance on the S8 is better than the G6. It has a faster processor with better integration. Apps open quicker and resume almost immediately. The whole experience feels a lot better.
- While the S8 costs over AED2000 today, you get a lot of nice extras from hotels.com and Etihad.
While that might sound like Samsung has a better all rounder device, the LG G6 does have some tricks to consider as well
Where the G6 is better than the S8
- The LG G6 is a better built phone. From its military spec build quality to the presence of bezels, the G6 doesn’t suffer from accidental edge presses. The G6 is much more solid of a phone to hold and offers a great content consumption experience. I prefer how the phone feels and looks on daily usage.
- The LG G6’s dual camera is very helpful. Its wide angle second rear camera takes some amazing pictures and is much improved from the G5. If you shoot a lot of pics and video, I’d have to give the win to the LG G6 here. Audio fidelity and recording performance on the G6 is better if you use LG’s own apps – if that’s your kind of thing.
- The LG G6 has better placement of its fingerprint reader. It also has a minimal button design that feels better with no extras like a Bixby button on the Samsung Galaxy S8.
- You can pick up the LG G6 for about AED2000 right now and that makes the phone cheaper than the S8.
Overall, I’d like to give the win to Samsung, however the LG G6 is a notable contender. If you’re looking to get a lot more creation out of your device, the LG G6 offers that. Its honest and a great upgrade from the G5 in that regard.
Samsung Galaxy S8 wins in many fundamental ways while the G6 wins for content create
However, if you want a phone that performs better, there is nothing beating the Samsung Galaxy S8 which wins in every fundamental benchmark in today’s phone. The S8 is hands down one of the best phones of 2017 however Samsung’s tagline “Rethinking what a phone can do” goes to the LG G6.