Published on June 23rd, 2016 | by Nakul Gupta1
Experience Anki OVERDRIVE Demo at Harvey Nichols and Virgin Megastore Outlets.
Battle-racing shifts into high gear as Anki – a robotics and artificial intelligence company – announced that their hit robotic battle-racing game, Anki OVERDRIVE, is now available in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Players can build their own battle-race courses and pit their robotic supercars against their friends or step up against enemy AI commanders and their crews in the game’s campaign mode.
“Anki OVERDRIVE represents a key step in a new industry still in its infancy, and an opportunity to make robotics and artificial intelligence accessible in our everyday lives,” said Boris Sofman, Anki founder and CEO.
Anki OVERDRIVE is battle-racing where players control physical robotic supercars via handheld mobile devices. The cars are capable of using AI to fully control themselves on the track as they use diverse strategies to fight to the finish.
The modular track pieces use special ink and optics technologies to embed information that the high-tech vehicles scan 500 times per second to understand their position and steer precisely on any track configuration.
At launch in the UAE, the Anki OVERDRIVE Starter Kit will include two supercars, 10 separate track pieces, a four-car charger, two risers and a tire cleaning kit. An additional four expansion cars and eight expansion track packs will be available for purchase. Adding one expansion track pack like the Speed Kit or Corner Kit can expand the Starter Kit from eight possible track configurations to more than 20.
Expansions track packs include:
- Collision Kit – Race into a lethal intersection, pick off your opponents as they speed past or take a short cut to chase them down. Watch out for devastating collisions and don’t get caught in the crossfire.
- Speed Kit – Put the hammer down and outrun opponents or take aim and knock out the competition on these long straightaways.
- Corner Kit – Take these turns at top speed. Or blast opponents before they disappear around the bend.
- Launch Kit – Reach for the sky with jumps on the battlefield. Launch ahead, nail the landing, and smoke the competition.
- Rails Kit – Slingshot into straightaways or drive the fight into corners. Guardrails ensure the chaos of battle stays on the tracks.
- Elevation Kit – Take the battle to another level. Open up crazy track possibilities with hills, bridges, underpasses and more.
- Bank Turn Kit – Race around corners at faster speeds and pull some serious G-forces.
Supercars and Virtual Weapons (Skull and GroundShock included in Starter Kit):
- SKULL – The car’s Pirate Core lets it sail across the track at high-speed while its cannon rips through enemy hulls.
- GROUNDSHOCK – Its PowerStation Core electrifies the track with split-second maneuvering and lightning-fast attacks. Don’t get in its way.
- THERMO – Its Magma Core engine is old-school meets the future. Using hyper-charged internal combustion, it not only burns up the track, it projects fire at anyone in range.
- NUKE – Its Fusion Core can be charged up to unleash ultra-high energy blasts that tear through normal shields. Its cool exterior masks an unstable explosive interior.
- GUARDIAN – – The supercar’s Siren Core keeps the pursuit of victory going at full volume. Its piercing sonic attacks go right through armor and cause challengers to lose control.
- BIGBANG – This armor-plated heavyweight’s Graviton Core creates massive shockwaves that send foes flying off course.
Anki OVERDRIVE is available now for pre-orders and hands-on experience at select Harvey Nichols and Virgin Megastore outlets across Dubai.